Moving is a crazy time. With so many boxes and suitcases all over the place, it could be easy to lose track of things. The good thing is that when you relocate with DeVries Moving & Storage Solutions, you can be assured that everything you pack will be delivered. However, there are some things that you might want to hold onto with you during this process. Because once something is packed, it might be hard to find it. We would suggest you hold on to the following items with you when moving.
What Should I Hold On To?
- Driver’s License and/or Passport: You’ll definitely want to keep your Driver License, Identification Card or Passport on you at all times, especially if your new destination requires you to drive or fly to get there.
- Automotive & Medical Insurance: You can never know when disaster will strike. If you’re driving to a new city, state, or even another country in North America (Canada and Mexico) you can never be too careful. If you’re pulled over, in a fender bender or have a medical emergency, you’ll be glad that you held onto this information (even if it’s a digital copy) as there can be numerous complications that may arise if you cannot provide this to an officer, hospital or emergency clinic.
- Jewelry: Valuables are always suggested to be kept with you. Even though we have secure trucks, customers always have more peace of mind having things in their possession.
- Phones and Portable Chargers: Phone’s don’t last forever. You’ll find that you’ll be using your phone more than ever doing a relocation. So your normal chargers and car chargers (if you’re driving) will definitely be needed. Portable chargers are extremely cheap and can provide multiple charges for both cell phones and tablets.
- Computer: Like your phone, you will be using your computer a lot. Whether it is to look up information or email your family, you’ll want this close by at all times. Especially if you work primarily from home, you’ll want to make sure that you’re able to use your laptop or computer as soon as you reach your new home.
- Pet Food: Don’t forget about your furry friend. Keeping a bag of pet food with you will keep you from having to search dozens of boxes to find it. It will also make things easier if you’re not familiar with the city or neighborhood that you’re relocating to as you may need to do some research to find out where the closest supermarket or convenience store is to your new home or apartment.
- Prescriptions, Aspirin, and Other Medication: It’s important to remember that you may not be able to immediately schedule an appointment with a doctor in your new city. Make sure that you have at least a week or twos worth of important medication. If you or children wear glasses or contacts, make sure to always have an extra pair, as well as contact solution so that if anything happens, everyone will be able to see properly.
- Radio and Speakers: This last one is not vital, but is highly suggested. When you’re unpacking or putting items away in your new home, you’ll definitely find the process more enjoyable when you’re listening to your favorite music!
Besides keeping items like these close by, we would suggest marking your boxes, so when something does need to be found, you will know just where to find it. Obviously, an itemized list of what is in each box would be ideal, but that’s what you would hire an agency like us for! DeVries Moving & Storage Solutions has been providing moving services to the South Florida area for years! We hope that you can trust us with your upcoming relocations, whether they be local, long distance, or even international!