Moving is not only a mental strain but can be physically dangerous, as well. If you don’t have the right equipment, gear, and training, it becomes exponentially easier to hurt yourself as you’re moving office furniture to and fro. To make things easier, DeVries has put together a quick checklist of items, procedures, and precautions you can take to make sure you are moving your office and/or home safely. Whether you’re using DeVries Moving & Storage Solutions for your relocation or not, these tips will help you stay safe on the big day:
How To Move Your Items Safely
- Always wear the right attire: Closed-toe shoes and jeans are usually the best bet if you don’t want to stub your toe or slip!
- Have a first-aid kit on hand: A good kit should have band-aids, ointment, Advil, etc. Better safe than sorry!
- Don’t put too much in each box: Be conservative. Don’t overload your boxes with too much and if you’re hauling heavy items, make sure to reinforce the bottoms with duct tape.
- Rent heavier equipment if needed: If you know you’ll be transporting larger items or just a lot of them, consider renting trolleys, moving pads, dollies, etc. to avoid throwing out a load, or worse, your back!
- Leave the dangerous chemicals by the curb: It certainly safest if you left any flammable liquids behind before you hit the road. Chemicals could leak or combust ruining any surrounding belongings and creating a severe fire hazard!
Consider all these points before you start on your next relocation. For a helping hand, also consider DeVries Moving & Storage Solutions, a premier West Palm Beach mover with years of service experience!