Most people find that the most stressful aspect of moving is the packing that precedes it. When to pack and especially how to pack your belongings varies from household to household and business to business. In this latest entry, we describe the six most common items that people should be careful with while moving.
The following items are among the most vulnerable to damage when in transit and should be carefully moved. Here are some tips from our specialized moving team to help keep them intact and in your life well after your relocation is complete.
Be Super Careful Moving The Following Items…
- Electronics – Your computer; your LCD TV; the fancy stereo systems in your living room: these are all awesome toys. Unfortunately, they’re also an enormous pain to move. Electronics – with their small pieces and delicate components — can easily stop working if they’re mishandled, dropped, wetted, etc. A great way to avoid any damage is to transport your electronics in their original packaging – styrofoam and all. This will provide the utmost protection when you move.
- Tables – If possible, remove the legs from your tables before you move them. They just take up space and get in the way.
- Mirrors – Your mirrors require more padding to stay intact than you may think. Use pillows (lots of them) to ensure their sound delivery.
- China Sets – Probably the most fragile item on this list, fine china is nothing to mess around with. It should be packed in small yet sturdy cardboard boxes with as much padding (to fill the empty spaces) as possible.
- Liquor – Besides the obvious damage that can occur when you drop a glass bottle, alcohol can also be damaged (especially wine) if it’s exposed to sudden and extreme temperature changes. Keeping your prized alcohol with you (in an air-conditioned car) will be much safer than allowing it to travel without temperature control for an extended period of time.
- Plants – The only living thing on this list deserves the comfort and attention of a fragile, living entity. Make sure your plants get a healthy dose of water before the trip — enough to last them at least a day. Also, much like alcohol, it’s best to keep plants with you so that you can frequently check on their progress and ensure their safe arrival.
Need help with your next move? DeVries Moving & Storage Solutions is a premier West Palm Beach moving company providing excellent customer service, careful moving services, and support for generations. Call us today for your free moving estimate!